- Corvallis. VFW Post 91 meets the third Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Corvallis High School library. For further information contact Post Commander Alex Ivanoff at 961-8997 or Post Adjutant Roy Meyer, 961-4272.
- Darby. VFW Post 38 meets every third Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Darby Community Library, 101 1/2 So. Marshall St. For information call Post Adjunct Diana Thomas, 369-0119.
- Florence. VFW Post 134 meets the first Monday of the month at 7 pm. at the Florence Fire Hall, 234 Holloway Lane. For further information contact Post Commander Jim Hamilton at 777-3948.
- Hamilton. VFW Post 1430 meets the first Monday of every month at 8 pm. at the American Legion Hall, 322 South 2nd St, 363-4399.
- Stevensville. VFW Post 94 meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at the Post Home on Middle Burnt Fork Road. For more information contact Jerry Esmay, 777-5517.
- Stevensville American Legion Auxiliary. Fort Owen Post 94, , American Legion Auxiliary meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Call 777-4335 for location.
Vietnam Veterans of America
- Bitterroot Chapter #938 meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 319 N. Third St. Vietnam era veterans often need assistance with problems and issues and many have similar stories. For more information contact George Mayer, 360-5435.
- Veteran-to-Veteran (V2V). The V2V outreach group meets every Friday morning at 8 a.m. in the backroom at BJ’s Restaurant, 900 N. First, Hamilton. These informal meetings offer all veterans the opportunity to discuss how the military has impacted their lives. For further information contact Dan Mayer, 360-5435.
Disabled American Veterans
Valley Veterans Services
- Bitterroot Division Disabled American Veterans is a volunteer service providing transportation to Veteran’s Administration-approved medical appointments. The Bitterroot DAV branch has four vans that travel 10,000-15,000 miles, transporting more than 300 veterans, each month. Those in need of services, and those wanting to volunteer, should contact the agency for more information.
363-8396 or Al Hill, Bitterroot Valley Kiwanis Club, 375-6430 or email@example.com.
- Veterans Services Center provides free assistance with filing VA claims to veterans and their dependents. The Center, located at 299 Fairgrounds Rd,Suite 4, Hamilton, is open Monday through Friday 8 am.-4 pm. Stop by or call 363-9838 for an appointment. Also available online.
- Veterans Affairs Clinics. Roxanne Blanche, Service Officer for the Montana Veterans Affairs Division in Missoula, is available to veterans and their dependents who have questions or need to file a claim with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. For more information, call 542-2501, or see her in
Stevensville—second Tuesday of every month, 9 to 10:30 am, Town Council Chambers, 206 Buck St.
Hamilton—second Tuesday of every month, 12:30 to 3:30 pm, Job Service office, 274 Old Corvallis Rd.