When You Need Help

Sometimes a person just need a little extra to make it through the month or through the winter. Call 211 for information on available services and referral. You can also contact the organizations listed below for help.


Darby Bread Box, located at 206 East Tanner, is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10am-2pm. Their mission: “provide emergency hunger relief in the form of once-a-month food boxes to those in need in South Ravalli County.” For more information, call 821-2081.

Haven House in Hamilton is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10am-2pm for emergency food.. It’s located at 316 North Third Street, Suite #162 (use the alley entrance), 363-2450.

Pantry Partners at 616 Park Street in Stevensville is a food bank available to anyone living in the Stevensville, Lone Rock, Florence area. It’s hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12pm noon to 3pm. For more information, call 777-0351.

WIC Program located in the courthouse at Bedford and 2nd in Hamilton provides healthy foods for pregnant and nursing women, infants, and children under 5 years old. Call 375-6685.Darby Bread Box food bank is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am to 2pm. 206 East Tanner, Darby. 821-2081.

Missoula Food Bank is open Monday through Friday from 10am to 1pm, Monday and Tuesday from 5-7pm, at 219 South Third Street West. They will provide a 3-day supply of food for those who are out of food and money.

Salvation Army is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm, and they will provide a 1-3 day food supply and may provides emergency vouchers for gas, food, medicine, diapers, etc. They are located at 339 W. Broadway in Missoula, or you can call them at 549-0710.

Ravalli County Office of Public Assistance, located at 310 North Third Street in Hamilton, is open Monday through Friday, and can be reached at 363-1944 for information on applying for the federal food stamp program.


For assistance with your Utility Bills, contact Low Income Energy Assistance Program or LIEAP, an organization offering help paying for home heating costs during the months of October through April. Apply at the Human Resource Council Office, 316 North Third, Hamilton.

If you have exhausted your LIEAP benefits, Energy Share of Montana may be able to help you. Call the Missoula office at 728-3710 for more information.


Section 8 Housing Assistance Program may be able to help with affordable housing. Apply at the Human Resource Council Office, 316 North Third, Hamilton, call 363-6101, Ext 245, or see online at..www.hrcxi.org

S.A.F.E.—Supporters of Abuse Free Environment provides emergency shelter for those affected by domestic and/or sexual abuse and violence. The Crisis Line number is 363-4600. They are located at 150 Morning Star Way in Hamilton, or can be seen online at www.safeinthebitterroot.org.

 Other Assistance

Montana Cancer Control Coalition has established a pilot resource site, and Ravalli County is part of its Region 2 for which a resource guide is available. Here cancer patients and their families will find information on general cancer topics, support groups, home health services, transportation and lodging, free camps and retreats, among the topics.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *