Hunting Licenses

Hunting License

Hunting licenses can be obtained from any Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP) License Provider—gas station, grocery store, guide/outfitter, etc., the regional FWP office (Missoula–3201 Spurgin Road), or online at

To find a FWP License Provider, click here

The 2012/2013 Hunting Regulations are available in PDF and eBook format

Recent hunting news releases from the State of Montana

Special Information for persons born after January 1, 1985

Any person born after January 1, 1985, must show a certificate of completion of a hunter education course issued by

      • State of Montana
      • any other state, or
      • Canadian province

in order to purchase a Montana hunting license. The schedule for Ravalli County can be found here. You must be registered PRIOR to attending.

Any Montana youth 12–17, who completes hunter education (which also includes Field Day, a practical field course portion), is eligible to receive his/her FIRST hunting license absolutely free. The Resident Youth Combination Sports License includes: a conservation license, fishing license, upland game bird license, elk license, and deer A license.

Any hunter 18 or older can complete the Montana Hunter Education Course online, but must still attend Field Day to become certified.

Check out this link for an excellent calendar of upcoming FWP events and activities.

Keep in mind, the information posted here is for the purpose of general reference only. Be sure to go to the State’s site for the final word.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *